Professional skin needling is considered to be one of the safest skin treatment procedures. Unlike chemical peels. dermabrasion and laser treatments. Skin needling causes minimal damage to the skin.
What is Skin Needling?
Skin needling is also called micro-needling therapy or collagen induction therapy. It is a minimally-invasive non-surgical and non-ablative procedure for facial rejuvenation that involves the use of a micro-needling device to create a controlled skin injury.
How Does Skin Needling Work?
As each fine needle punctures the skin, it creates a channel or micro-wound. The micro channels created spontaneously close after 10 minutes so that epidermal barrier integrity remains intact.
The needles injure superficial dermal collagen strands and small blood vessels triggering a controlled cascade of inflammation including the release of platelet-derived growth factors transforming growth factor-alpha and beta (TGF β-3), connective tissue activating protein, connective tissue growth factor, and fibroblast growth factor. These lead to the production of new collagen, elastin, and capillaries.
Benefits of Skin Needling
- It is used to minimise the appearance of scars from acne, surgery, chickenpox, or trauma.
- Skin needling is used for facial rejuvenation and to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin tone, texture, and pigmentation.
- There is a reduced risk of hyperpigmentation and scarring with skin needling compared to more invasive procedures, and as such as dermabrasion and laser, it is safer on ethnic or dark skin.
- It is suitable for thin and sensitive skin.
- The patient can resume regular activities within a few days, depending on the depth of penetration of the needles.
- A minimum of 4 weeks is recommended between treatments as it takes that long for new natural collagen to form.
Most frequent questions and answers
Recommended : 6 Treatments with intervals of 4 weeks in-between for optimum results
Day 1: Erythema and redness, severity of which will depend upon the aggressiveness of the performed treatment
Day 2: Red or pink hue similar to moderate sunburn may persist. There may be some noticeable swelling on the second day.
Day 3: Skin may still retain a pink hue, or return to normal colour. Swelling subsides
All skin needling treatments receive a 20 minute LED light therapy session. This enhances your treatment.
PACK OF 3 save 10%
Face/Neck/Décolletage $250 (pack of 3-$675)
Face/Neck $ $180 (pack of 3-$486)
Face – $150 (pack of 3-$405)